Upcoming workshop at the Artist Materials Expo.
Gwinnett Center, GA
Here are a few Highlights:
- February 20th-22nd of 2015 at the Gwinnett Center, GA
- Representing over 80 art supply brands
- Special promotions and discounts on art supplies artists reach for everyday
- Product demonstrations on new materials and techniques
- Special Presentations from internationally known artists
- Workshops in a variety mediums taught by local and national artists
- Art Advocacy Presentations from local community art organizations!
Information and link for my workshop below.
What to do With Cold Wax
with Cindy Walton
Please join me, Cindy Walton, in the exploration and
diversity of the cold wax medium used with oil paint,
pigment sticks, and many more techniques. Learn about
materials and how to use them, surfaces and a vast
variety of methods unique to this medium. Cold wax
medium is wonderful for oil painters to experiment with
non-traditional tools to achieve texture and finishes similar
to encaustic without the “caustic” fumes and heat. This
exciting medium is gaining widespread popularity, and
opens doors for oil painters to explore new techniques and
surface effects. According to Walton, “cold wax medium
has totally changed the way I approach painting”.