Tuesday, November 13, 2012

More on" Furrow" a painting



Furrow   1a : a trench in the earth made by a plow b : plowed land : field
2: something that resembles the track of a plow:

Furrow, 24x24 inches oil, cold wax on panel, $1397
Much of my work can be explained by the title" Furrow". The adding and subtracting of layers of paint.  This painting in particular reminds of digging in the garden. In the south we have lots of red clay which the red represents.  I also have memories of little green army men that are often unearthed in our garden here in NC. Left behind by little boys at play long ago. Just as the earth is furrowed so are my paintings.....  the left behind memories, emotions, colors I like to create in my paintings.

2 comments:

Ruth Andre said...

Beautiful painting and lovely post.

Ruth Andre said...

I also wanted to ask if you sign your O & W paintings? I have been looking at different O & W painters and do not see signatures.